Think. Encourage. Create.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

And sometimes, you just need a nap

Last week was a rough week physically.  It was the first week of Session so it was crazy-busy (not a bad thing) but when you're fighting a migraine, it's grueling.  I did well keeping the pain mostly at bay and staying pretty focused through the week (praising God for friends who were praying for me!), but by Thursday night, I was crashing.  I fell asleep right after supper, I just couldn't keep my eyes open, even though I knew there were so many things to do.  Friday I was exhausted but by the Grace of the Lord I was able to get everything done at work and even managed to do some cleaning at home (much, much needed lol.)

Saturday I awoke to a lot of pain... pushing so hard during the week finally caught up and I spent a lot of the day feeling guilty I wasn't getting more done.  But you know, it finally hit me that sometimes you just need to rest.  And why is that so hard to do?  Is it an American thing?  To feel like if you're not doing something productive every minute of every day you're lazy?

Didn't God command us to rest by giving us the Sabbath?  "Observe the Sabbath day, to keep it holy, as the Lord your God commanded you.  Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God.  On it you shall not do any work."  ~Deuteronomy 5:12-14

So I rested.  And you know what?  Everything that needed to be done this weekend is done!  God provided abundantly, as He is so good to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment