Think. Encourage. Create.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Thought of the Day

I think I'm going to do more "little" posts.  Thoughts of the day type posts.  Some serious, some maybe not so much.  So here's the first!

Last night I was having trouble getting my laptop to connect to the internet.  Netflix was playing just fine on the TV so I knew it was something with the laptop, not the internet.  I kept trying to fix it, doing this and that, all the while thinking that I could just go spend some time reading my Bible and praying, and then I could check back later.  And all of a sudden it hit me how often I do that with everything.  Any problem I have, I try so hard to fix it instead of spending time in prayer, and turning my issue over to God.  I always want to try this one more thing, and then that one more thing, and maybe if I just try once more... I know I'll get it solved!  I'm not in any way saying we shouldn't try, that we should never do anything, but shouldn't the first response be to pray?  Isn't that the best use of time?  How much time have I wasted by not just giving my problems to the Lord?  I believe I would have much less frustration if I prayed first, then worked!


No comments:

Post a Comment