Think. Encourage. Create.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pumpkin Chip Cookies


This one was also from last fall :)



I am not usually a fan of pumpkin and chocolate together, but a friend asked if I would make some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  I looked up a few recipes, and, of course, made a few modifications of my own ;)  
They actually turned out quite tasty!  This recipe is a "half" recipe which made 2 1/2 dozen cookies, but if you'd like to use the whole can of pumpkin, go ahead and double everything!  Please also note that I never measure spices (or most other ingredients when I cook) so when I write out a recipe, I am generally approximating. 

Pumpkin Chip Cookies

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
½ cup sugar
1 egg
½ 15 oz. can pumpkin
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. mace
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. baking soda
1 1/8 cup flour

1 cup semi-sweet chips
1/2 cup white chips

1/2 cup walnuts

Melt butter and mix in sugar.  Then mix in the egg, pumpkin, and vanilla.  
Add dry ingredients - flour, soda, salt, baking powder, and spices (mixed separately or not, your choice).  Mix in the chips and walnuts.
Drop by teaspoonful on greased cookie sheet.  If using parchment paper (which I recommend), spray it lightly.
Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.  Cookies will be firm to the touch, and slightly browning at the edges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment