Think. Encourage. Create.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Savoring the Moment

A few days ago I had a bit of an epiphany.  I had spent the day running around - cleaning, errands, workout... By the time I hit the shower that evening I was exhausted.  I was hot, sweaty, grimy, and basically too tired to even want to shower.  But soon the warm water and steam were changing my mind. I looked at all the products I use every day, barely noticing them... coconut shampoo, honey and almond conditioner, grapefruit and ginger body wash, olive body butter... it was like a spa at the beach! I took time to really savor each scent, to imagine that the warm water cascading over me was really a waterfall on a desert island.  It was the most relaxing ten minutes I've spent in a long time.   And I wondered.. how often do I ignore the blessings of each moment because I'm rushing through them?  I'm sure glad I didn't miss that amazing blessing, that wonderful, stress-busting moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment